A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PLACEMENT OF AN OVERHEAD BANNER ACROSS STATE ROUTE 259 AND PROVIDING FOR THE CONDITIONS GOVERNING SUCH PLACEMENT
WHEREAS, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is charged with the responsibility and authority of granting permits for the placement of overhead banner within the rights-of-way of its streets and highways; and
WHEREAS, PennDOT requires the Borough of Bolivar to pass a resolution authorizing the placement of banners or signs and setting the conditions on said banners or signs; and
WHEREAS, the Borough Bolivar is required by PennDOT regulations, specifically Traffic Engineering Manual (Publication 46), February 6, 2012 and
WHEREAS, the Borough is authorized to regulate the streets, pursuant to the provisions of §1202 (12) of the Borough Code;
NOW THEREFORE, be it resolved and it is resolved as follows:
1. The American Legion Post 128 is granted authorization for the erection of a banner across State Route 259, in Bolivar Borough, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania at 507 Market Street for its event
2017 American Legion Sportsman's and Cash Bash
2. The Borough shall erect the banner in cooperation with American Legion Post 128.
3. The banner will be not wider than 14’ wide and 3’ high and will be erected to allow for vertical clearance of no less than 17’6.
4. The banner will be erected on August 1, 2017 and must be removed no later than September 16, 2017.
5. The banner will contain the following wording: " September 9th American Legion Sportsman's and Cash Bash".
6. The Borough of Bolivar assumes liability for erecting, maintaining and removal of the banner, and this permit does not authorize action by American Legion Post 128 in the absence of a Bolivar Borough official.
7. No more than 30% of the message of the banner will relating to naming or advertising of a commercial product, business, enterprise, business, or company.
8. All traffic control will be performed in accordance with the most current Publication 203.
ADOPTED this 6th day of July, 2017.
AMY LICKENFELT, PRESDIENT
BOROUGH OF BOLIVAR
PATRICIA BETTS, Secretary